CBD for Pets
Hot Topic: CBD Products for Pets
Over the past year or so, the demand for Pet CBD products has increased ten-fold. Why? Today we will be talking in detail about CBD products for pets, the benefits of using said products, and the truth about everything you need to know as a pet owner looking for a new form of pet relief. Continue reading to discover the answers about CBD and frequently asked questions below!
What is CBD anyway?
CBD (cannabidiol) is a compound found in cannabis and hemp. THC (tetrahydrocannabinol) can also be found in cannabis/ THC is the compound that gives marijuana its psychoactive properties. It's important to understand that CBD pet products should contain little to no THC, and as such will never result in your pet getting "high". Your pet will reap the benefits of CBD products without it affecting their mind and your pet will not become intoxicated. According to NWC Naturals, both marijuana and hemp originate from the same Cannabis Sativa L. plant; however, while marijuana is formulated to have large concentrations of THC, hemp's level's of THC are minuscule and does not contain any mind-altering effects on your pet. In other words, using a CBD product for your pet that is hemp based will never get your dog high!
What kinds of CBD products are available for pets?
The sky is the limit with CBD pet products! More companies are popping up every week introducing new CBD products that can benefit pets of all shapes, sizes, and are geared towards a specific need. The most common CBD pet products are hemp oil drops or tablets, CBD treats or snacks, and CBD topical ointment.
What are the benefits of CBD products for pets?
Anything that is digested, like a CBD treat or snack, is usually geared to help with your pet's overall digestive health and improve stomach sensitivity. CBD hemp oil targets your pet's overall health from the inside out. A topical CBD ointment can help decrease inflammation, aide with joint pain, decrease hot spots, or improve sensitive skin & coat issues.
Perhaps the most impressive benefits from using a CBD Hemp Oil are below:
- Relieve Pain
- Reduce Anxiety
- Supports Calm Mental State
- Helps Stiff Hips & Joints
- Prevent Cancer/Reduce Tumors
- Treat Epilepsy & Seizures
- Protect the Nervous System
- Reduce Inflammation
- Increase Appetite
- Contribute to Healthy Aging
When using a CBD Hemp Oil for your pet, your pet will be receiving loads of Omega 3 & 6 fatty acids, in addition to terpenes. There are tons of health benefits to using a full-spectrum CBD hemp oil for your pet! You can learn more about them here or here.
Using a quality CBD product for your pet, such as CBD Hemp Oil, could be the key to unlocking your pet's health by supporting overall mind and body balancing. CBD products can help your pet to reach his full potential and helping them to be more happy & healthy.
WHO CAN USE CBD PRODUCTS? DOGS, CATS, or both?
Products like CBD Hemp Oil, CBD Ointment, and CBD Tablets are safe to give both dogs & cats! There are certain CBD treats, otherwise known as snacks or "edibites" that are made separately for dogs and cats. If a CBD product is labeled as Human-Grade, they are safe to give humans, too. It's important to consult with your doctor or veterinarian if you are unsure if a product is a good idea for your family members.
Are CBD pet products legal?
Since most pet CBD products are derived from hemp oil, and contain little to no THC, they are approved & legal in all 50 states in the USA. CBD pet products are safe, trusted, and USA legal. If you ever feel concerned or doubtful, do your research and make sure you read the label carefully. It's always helpful to talk to other pet owners or read customer testimonials to see if a particular CBD product would be a good fit for your pet.
WILL MY PET LIKE the taste of a CBD product?
If you are concerned about the taste of a CBD product, such as a CBD Hemp Oil, the flavor or taste is often described as a mild, nutty flavor. You can administer drops directly into their mouth or you can mask the flavor in their pet food at feeding time. As for CBD treats or snacks, there are so many different flavors and varieties available on the market! Surely there is a flavor your pet will love.
Are all Pet CBD oils the same?
Not all CBD oils are the same...you’ll want a high quality CBD oil that actually works, so here are a few things to look for:
- Organic: If the CBD product isn’t organic, your CBD oil could contain pesticides, fungicides or solvents.
- Made in USA: Looking for an American-made product is always a good idea when shopping for any pet products. Look for CBD oils that use 100% American grown hemp, are bottled/packaged in the United States, and use no harmful extraction techniques.
- Quality: The higher the quality and purity, the higher the cost. Be sure your CBD oil is free of additives and has a good amount of CBD. Usually, if a CBD oil contains additives like coconut oil or MTCs, it will decrease the potency/value of the product. Watch out for those who do not use full spectrum hemp oil and other added ingredients, which can dilute down the effect of the hemp oil.
- Get the Analysis: Ask for a lab analysis of the amount of CBD in the product. Many CBD oils contain only small amounts of CBD. The manufacturer should provide a certificate of analysis. You’ll also want to make sure there is little or no THC in the product.
- Non-Psychoactive: Remember, a pet CBD oil should NEVER contain any THC! Any CBD product you give your pet should contain no psychotropic effect and is non habit-forming.
- CBD Oil Vs. CBD Other: You can buy CBD products in treat, powder, tablet, or ointment form; however, the most effective is in a tincture or liquid form. When you use a CBD oil for your pet, you can adjust your pet's dose drop by drop to make sure he is receiving the most benefit from the product. What's good to know is that depending on your pet's size & circumstances, you can increase or decrease the dosage day by day to see what works best.
At the end of the day, only YOU know what's best for your pet. If your dog or cat is suffering from joint pain, anxiety, or seizures and is on a lot of expensive pain medications, CBD products could be a possible solution for you to try!
As for our top picks, we would recommend checking out products by:
- NWC Naturals Core-CBD Oil for Pets. Learn more about their product here.
- Pet Releaf CBD Products for Dogs & Cats (Ointments, Tablets, Treats, etc) Check them out here.
- Canna-Pet Hemp Products for Pets. They are known for their hemp capsules, learn more here.
Remember to do your research, take your time deciding, read customer testimonials, and allow a full 30 days to see major improvements in your pet's overall health when trying a CBD product for the first time. Always check with your pet's veterinarian first before trying any CBD product for the first time if you are unsure about it's health effects.